1. Think of a theme to create your canapé menu, occasions such as Christmas or regional flavours such as Japanese
2. Size as mouthful morsels
3. Although bites are small, pack it with flavour! Use spices, sauces and garnishes
4. Combine flavours, sweet, salty, bitter, mellow and salty for a taste sensation
5. Change textures for a surprising crunch, use toast or firm vegetables
6. Be surprising and hide unique flavours within your artistic canapé creations
7. Limit and balance the adornments for the perfect measure
8. Arrange the canapés as a fun display
9. Use colours and props to serve and display such as glazes, creams, herbs or flowers
Timm Vladimir is a renowned Danish chef at, and owner of Timm Vladimir's Køkken (kitchen), founded in 2012 - shortly after Timm Vladimir won first place in the first season of TV3's successful cooking competition "MasterChef".
Timm created and provided nine tips to create the perfect canapé in our Copenhagen Pop-Up Store. In 2013 he published the cookbook also Timm Vladimir's Køkken, which received great reviews.