- Mix all meat together well and form into four equal-size patties.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill patties over high heat, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Top with Castello® Burger Blue Cheese slices and allow to melt.
MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
- Put mushrooms and onions into a pan over medium heat.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Pour butter into the pan.
- Toast buns—cut sides down—for about 2 minutes or until toasted to your liking.
Place burger and cheese on bottom half of bun, top with mushrooms and onion, cover with top bun and serve.
MICHAEL SYMON’S SAUTÉED MUSHROOMS
- Heat large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and allow to coat the surface of sauté pan.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add ½ of salt and allow mushrooms to cook.
- When mushrooms stop releasing water and begin to brown, drain excess oil and add butter, shallot and garlic.
- Reduce heat slightly and continue to cook until garlic and shallot are soft and translucent.
- Season to taste with remaining salt.
MICHAEL SYMON’S CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- Heat medium-sized sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Add oil and allow to coat pan.
- Add onions and half the salt, cooking over medium-low until the onions begin to soften and color.
- Drain any excess oil.
- Add butter, shallot and garlic.
- Continue to cook over medium-low, being careful not to burn, until onions are a deep caramel color.
- Season with remaining salt to taste.