- 1 roll puff pastry
- 1 medium-sized apple
- 1 persimmon
- 6 tsp chestnut beer jelly (can be substituted with brown sugar)
- 75g Castello White
- 1 egg
- ½ a pomegranate
1. Slice the apple, Brie and persimmon into very thin wedges.
2. Add water to a large pot (enough to fit the apple slices). Bring water to a simmer (just below boiling point)
3. Add the apple slices to the water and simmer for approx. 4 min. until they are tender and easy to roll. Place them on a cloth to cool.
4. Roll out the puff pastry and cut it into 6 long strips. Brush with egg along the base and on one end.
5. Along the top edge of the dough, place the apple slices so they stick up just above the top, then add a few slices of persimmon, brown sugar and Brie cheese.
6. Carefully roll the strip up and press it together at the bottom to keep it closed.
7. Bake in a muffin tin at 350°F (on the fan oven setting) for approx. 15-20 min.
8. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.