- 4 medium red onions, peeled and cut into halves, then cut into wedges
- 30 g butter, melted
- 22 mL balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 boneless rib-eye steaks (approximately 250-350 g each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Cos lettuce heads, cut into bite sized pieces
- 15 mL olive oil
- 5 mL truffle oil
- 2 packages (150 g each) Castello® Creamy White with Truffle cheese cut into bite-sized wedges
- 600 g small potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 4 small sprigs fresh dill
Salad of Grilled Beef with
Castello® Creamy White with Truffle
Preheat oven to 190ºC.
In a large bowl, toss together onions, butter, balsamic vinegar and thyme, season with salt and pepper. Place in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender. Remove foil and allow to cool a little. When cool enough to handle, break apart the wedges into pieces. Keep mixture warm.
Grill steaks to desired doneness. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
In large bowl, toss together the potatoes, dill, roasted onions, Cos lettuce, oils and cheese pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Cut each steak into bite-sized slices and arrange equally between 4 serving plates. Top steaks with salad and serve.
Recipe inspired by Burnt Movie