Creamy potato gratin with leeks and blue mould cheese
Potatoes and leeks are always a great match and this classic dish we probably all know. I love giving the traditional dishes a twist of something unexpected, that my guest are not expecting. This variation of creamy potatoes with a twist of blue is one of the best! Simply add a little blue cheese to the cream and the potatoes will get an even creamier consistency and a little more piquant taste. Perfect if you ask me!
40-50g Castello Creamy Blue
1/2 litre cream
1. Potatoes and leeks are sliced and spread on a casserole.
2. Stir cream and cheese together well and pour it on the dish.
3. Bake at 200° for 30-40 min. (keep an eye on the dish during baking)
Stuffed Hokkaido with Castello Creamy Blue
This is a delicious and easy to cook fall dish. Hokkaido is in season in October and it is an underrated pumpkin, because it tastes absolutely fantastic!
1 small Hokkaido
200 g ground beef
75 g Castello Creamy Blue
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp salt
A pinch of pepper and cumin
1. Cut the Hokkaido in half and remove the insides with a spoon
2. Brush with oil
3. Mix beef, cheese, egg and spices and form a mass. Stuff the pumpkin with the beef mix.
4. Bake at 200 ° for about 45 minutes.
Serve with a nice salad and some chili sauce on top. Enjoy! ;)