If you love the tantalizingly tangy flavors of blue cheese and feel like this is the day to add a twist to your homemade burger we recommend trying Castello Burger Blue. It goes really well with sweet and tangy pickled red onions, crisp lettuce and chili mayonnaise. Few ingredients but great taste! The cheese will melt evenly across your burger and add a bold flavor with sweet and salty undertones.
Here are a few tips for how to cook the burger - give it a go and create your own blue cheese burger!
How to cook the perfect burger
1. Always use fresh ground beef or meat of very high quality. Preferably with 10% fat, it adds flavor and juice for the steak.
2. The size of the steak can of course vary according to taste, but the thickness of approximately 1.5 cm is a good standard size. Season the meat with salt and pepper and form the meat into a ball with clean hands. Press the meat flat (you can place the meat in between two freezer bags). There should be no cracks in the edge of the meat.
3. Heat the pan up well. Fry over high heat until you have a brown crust. Fry in a mixture of oil and butter. Butter adds flavor and the oil ensures you can brown over high heat. Fry on medium heat for about 6 minutes on each side. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving - you can add the blue cheese slices on top so it melts slightly.
4. Turn the steak several times while cooking, it distributes the juice in the meat and gives an even roast result. If you have multiple steaks in the pan, don’t turn them all at once as it will cool down the pan and the steaks will boil instead of fry.
5. Use the oven. If you are making burgers for a lot of people, you can brown the steaks for a few minutes in the pan in butter and oil and bake them in the oven for about 12 minutes at 180 degrees. It is much easier to control and does not require multiple pans.
6. The steaks can also be grilled, either on the grill pan or outdoor grill. If you use the outdoor grill, steaks should be shaped perfectly, so no cracks. Brush with oil and turn very cautious (and as little as possible) with a wide spatula.
The video below shows you how to build up your gourmet burger layer by layer. Invite your friends and impress them with your own homemade premium burger.