1. Preheat the oven to 225° C. Cook the Cavatappi pasta according to the packet instructions in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente.
2. Cut the chicken into cubes and finely dice the red onion and garlic. Fry in a bit of olive oil until the chicken is golden and the onion is translucent. Add plain flour and stir until you get a paste. Slowly add milk while stirring, bring to a boil and let it simmer for 6-7 minutes.
3. Turn the heat to medium, add chipotle hot sauce and smoked paprika. Grate Castello® Creamy Havarti and add to the sauce along with Castello® Traditional Danish Blue (50 g). Stir until the cheese has melted and you have a nice smooth sauce.
4. Drain the pasta and add to the cheese sauce. Carefully stir and season with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Pour into a coated baking dish and top with the rest of the crumbled Castello® Traditional Danish Blue.
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 225° C.
Once you have started your mac and cheese journey, it is hard to stop, but that does not mean that you have to stick to one version alone. At Castello®, we love mac and cheese as much as you do, and our site is packed with amazing recipes of your favourite guilty pleasure. Try our classic Baked Mac and Cheese with a crispy and satisfying crust, or turn your dinner party into something special with our savoury Lobster Mac and Cheese. For times when you want it quick and easy, our Mac and Cheese recipe for one lets you get to the good part even faster, and our Bacon Mac and Cheese is one you just have to try. With mac and cheese, the possibilities are boundless!