- 200g Castello® Creamy Havarti, grated
- 300g Cellentani pasta
- 500g butternut pumpkin, diced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 300ml chicken stock
- 15 fresh sage leaves (coated with a touch of olive oil)
Butternut Mac and Cheesewith
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Cook the cellentani pasta according to the packet instructions in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente. Add 300g of the butternut pumpkin onto a lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes at 180°C.
3. In a large saucepan add a splash of olive oil and fry the shallots and garlic until translucent. Add the rest of the cubed butternut pumpkin (200g) and dried sage and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and blend the mixture carefully with a stick blender. Add the grated Castello® Creamy Havarti (put aside a small handful of grated Havarti for later) and continue to blend until the cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Drain the pasta and add to the butternut and cheese sauce. Add the baked butternut pumpkin and stir through. Pour the butternut mac and cheese into an ovenproof dish or pan and top with the reserved grated Castello® Creamy Havarti and fresh sage leaves. Bake at 200°C for 15 minutes. Enjoy!