- 10 g butter
- 4 fresh figs (approx. 150 g)
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) cane sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 200 g Castello Creamy Havarti, cut into small pieces
- Crisp French bread of choice
Castello Creamy Havarti with Caramelized Figs
Heat the butter in a frying pan until golden. Halve the figs and fry for approx. 2 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with sugar and add lemon juice. Boil the figs at strong heat for approx. 2 minutes, tossing now and then. The lemon marinade should just begin to thicken.
Serve the cheese together with the warm or cold caramelized figs and fresh bread.