- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 4 English muffins
- 1 jar 370 mL roasted red peppers
- 1 cup baby rocket salad
- 1 pack Castello® Burger Blue Cheese slices
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze (optional)
Portobello Mushroom Burgerwith Roasted Peppers and Blue Cheese
In a small bowl whisk together two tablespoons of the olive oil with the garlic, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat a large skillet, electric grill pan or barbeque to medium heat. Brush remaining olive oil on each side of the mushrooms; cook until juicy – approximately 5 minutes each side.
Toast or grill English muffins. Top each half with equal amounts of roasted red pepper and rocket salad. Add a mushroom to each, drizzle with balsamic reduction, top with one or two slices of Castello® Burger Blue Cheese.
Makes: 4 servings