For walnut biscuits
1. Place the walnuts in a blender and blend them as finely as possible.
2. Add the blended walnuts in a bowl with graham flour, salt and butter. Crumble butter into the dough. Add honey and eggs and stir well. Knead the dough thoroughly.
3. Smear the dough into a thin layer on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. (maximum is half a centimeter thick, preferably thinner).
4. Bake the dough at 160 degrees for about 15 minutes.
5. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and cut out the dough in square biscuits around 5x5 cm – we recommend using a pizza wheel.
6. Put the biscuits back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
7. Remove the biscuits from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool and become crisp. Put the cold biscuits in a cake tin.
For pear-fig jam
1. Cut the hard top of the figs and chop them coarsely.
2. Remove the seeds and cut the pears into small cubes.
3. Add the figs and the rest of the ingredi-ents in a saucepan and cook it all together on low heat for about half an hour. If it be-comes too thick and is about to boil dry, you can add a little more water.
4. Season with extra lemon juice, so it gets a sour hint.
5. Put the jam in a scalded jar and let it cool completely in the refrigerator before serving.
Serve the biscuits with Castello® Traditional Danish Blue and pear-fig jam. Top with a little rosemary or a thin slice of pear.
This recipe was developed by Mikkel Bækgaard / www.mikkelsmadblog.dk