- 2 packages (150 g each) Castello® Double Crème White
- Brie baker
- 25 g butter
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 springs fresh thyme (leaves picked away from stems)
- Pinch of salt
- 15 mL white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Castello® Double Crème White with Caramelized Onions
Foam the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onions, thyme leaves and a pinch of salt. Cook on low for up to 1 hour or until onions are soft and golden brown. Add balsamic vinegar, taste and season with additional salt and pepper. Set aside or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 180ºC.
Place Castello Double Crème White cheese in Brie baker. Cover and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with caramelized onions. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Topping recommendations: blanched fresh asparagus spear slices, pickled plums, pears or raspberries with balsamic vinegar. Serve with toasted baguette slices and/or crackers.
Recipe inspired by Burnt Movie