1. Remove the cheese from the fridge, ideally an hour before serving.
2. Split the vanilla pod lengthwise and place in a saucepan along with the blueberries, cane sugar and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook over medium heat for approx. 30 minutes or until you have a thick syrup. Strain the berries and cool the syrup.
3. Combine the flour and baking powder. Combine the flour mixture with the milk and beat. Beat in the rest of the ingredients.
4. Pour approx. 3½ tablespoons of the batter onto a hot frying pan and fry the pancake in a little butter for approx. 2 minutes on each side. Use a blini pan if you want small fine pancakes.
5. Cut the cheese and arrange the pancakes with the Creamy White and blueberry syrup – garnished with blueberries and a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Serve with a New World Chardonnay