1. Dissolve the yeast in the water, then add the salt, sugar and olive oil.
2. Combine the wholemeal flour and pizza flour. Gradually add the flour to the yeast mixture and knead the dough for a long time until thoroughly combined (a mixer works well) – the dough should be smooth and elastic.
3. Cover the dough and let rise for about 1 hour until double in size.
4. Knock the air out of the dough and divide into two portions. Shape each portion into a ball and let rest and rise again on the worktop for approx. 15 minutes.
5. The dough is now ready to be used.
6. For the tomato sauce: Combine all the ingredients for the tomato sauce using a handheld blender, season to taste with salt, pepper and a little sugar.
Try a mix of Castello Cheese to top your pizza. Castello Extra Mature Cheddar adds a crumbly bite while Traditional Danish Blue adds a sharp final flavor.