1. Fry the bacon cubes in a cold saute pan for 3 min. over high heat. Reduce the heat and continue cooking for another 5 min. or so over medium heat. Drain the bacon on some paper towels – keep 1 tbsp of the grease in the pan.
2. For the Jerusalem artichoke salad: Heat the grease in the pan and saute about half of the Jerusalem artichokes for about 2 min. Add the peas, 5 ounces of spinach, cumin and salt and saute for another approx. 2 min. Season to taste.
3. For the sour cream dressing: Lightly whip the sour cream, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Arrange the remaining spinach leaves on a serving dish. Stir the raw Jerusalem artichoke cubes into the warm salad and arrange on the fresh spinach.
5. Sprinkle with bacon and hemp seeds and serve immediately with toasted bread and sour cream dressing.