1. Soak the almonds in boiling water and let them sit for 2-3 minutes.
2. Squeeze each almond to remove the skin, then toast them i 1 tbsp. of olive oil on a hot pan for 3-4 minutes. Toss with salt and chili flakes and remove from heat.
3. Trim the bottom part off the asparagus and discard.
4. Brush the asparagus with olive oil and grill on a cast iron griddle or on a hot grill for about 2-4 minutes.
5. Tear the lettuce roughly and arrange on a serving plate. Top with almonds, asparagus, and thin slices of Creamy Havarti cheese.
This asparagus salad is quick, easy, and wonderfully crunchy. Adding asparagus to the salad highlights fresh produce of the season. With the combination of grilled asparagus and the irresistibly creamy, sliced Havarti cheese, you have a new favorite side dish to serve. The grilled asparagus with lemon brings out sharp notes that complement the creamy texture of the cheese.
You can follow this grilled asparagus salad recipe step by step – or experiment by replacing some of the ingredients to make your own version of salads with asparagus.
For additional inspiration, try adding different nuts , or add another fresh element such as pomegranate or orange.
The asparagus salad can be served immediately as a hot dish or chilled. Both options are delicious.
Creamy Castello Havarti and asparagus – a match made in heaven Choosing a Creamy Castello Havarti cheese and shredding it, slicing it, or even breaking it into chunks to put on top, adds a deliciously flavorful texture to your asparagus salad. Not in the mood for a salad? You can also try this melted cheese version of a snack: prepare your grilled asparagus, then shred Creamy Castello Havarti on top of the asparagus while it’s still hot, let it melt, and enjoy every bite.