1. Boil the lemon juice and sugar, uncovered, over high heat in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan for approx. 8 min., or until there is about ½ a cup left. Refrigerate the syrup for about 30 minutes.
2. Stir the lemon syrup into the junket and pour into 4 small bowls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 min., or until cold.
3. Toast the almonds and nuts in a dry frying pan for approx. 3 min. over high heat and then for 3 more minutes over medium heat – stirring regularly. Let cool, then chop coarsely.
4. Meanwhile, melt the sugar in the pan over medium heat for approx. 6 min., or until it starts to turn golden.
5. Add the chopped almonds and nuts and stir until completely coated in the melted golden sugar.
6. Pour the nutty crunch out onto a piece of baking parchment and cool completely. Chop coarsely.
7. Serve the cold lemon junket with the nutty crunch.
The nutty crunch stays crispy for up to one week – in an airtight container.