1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (180°C).
2. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and take out the pit. Scoop out a bit of the avocado with a spoon to make a slightly larger hole, with enough room for the egg.
3. Place the half avocados in a baking dish. If the avocado shell is too round and the avocado half is not stable, then cut a small slice off of the bottom to keep the avocado flat while baking.
4. Crack an egg into a bowl and gently place it in the pit hole of the avocado.
5. Bake in the oven for approx. 15 minutes, until the egg is just set.
6. Remove from the oven, season with salt and pepper and freshly chopped chives or parsley and serve immediately.