1. Pour the milk into a bowl and stir in the yeast.
2. Add the eggs, salt, sugar, cinnamon, orange zest and some of the flour
3. . Stir the dough well, then dump it out onto a floured surface and knead in the rest of the flour until the dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Knead the dough for a few minutes, it should be quite firm. Let it rise for approx. 20 min., then knead it one more time on the floured surface.
5. Divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll each one into a sausage, about as thick as a finger. Press the ends together to make a ring.
6. Place the 12 bagels on a baking sheet lined with parchment and let them rise one more time for approx. 1 hour.
7. Beat the egg with the water, brush the bagels with the mixture and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
8. Bake the cinnamon-orange bagels in the middle of the oven until golden for approx. 20 min. at 200°C.
Instead of orange zest and cinnamon, you can pep up these bagels with lemon zest, a handful of raisins, dried cranberries, dried blueberries or mashed banana. They can also be made just plain.