1. In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook spaghetti until “al dente.”
2. While the pasta is cooking, add black pepper to a nonstick skillet and toast until fragrant.
3. Add the butter and garlic and cook for one additional minute, until butter is melted.
4. Drain pasta, reserving 1.5 dl of the pasta liquid.
5. Place the pasta and liquid in the saucepan.
6. Toss with shredded Castello® Tickler Extra Mature Cheddar or Aged Havarti, season with salt (optional) and top with fresh chives.