1. Place flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the butter and lard cubes; gently combine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Add the chilled water at once and use your hands to incorporate the water.
4. Gently shape dough into a circular block. It should still have streaks of butter and lard.
5. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
6. Place apples in a medium bowl and toss with flour. Stir in sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
7. Take the dough out of refrigerator; allowing it to come to room temperature (about 30 minutes) before rolling.
8. Preheat oven to 425º F (215ºC)
9. On a floured work surface, quickly roll the dough to approximately 21 by 17 inches.
10. Using a 3” round cookie cutter, cut dough into 3 x 3 inch circles.
11. Using a tablespoon, spoon the apple filling into the centre of every other circle.
12. Place slices of Castello® Brie equally on top of the filling.
13. Wet around the sides of the circle with water.
14. Lay matching circle on top and crimp sides with a fork.
15. In a small bowl combine, egg white and cream; stir to combine.
16. Brush egg wash over the hand pies and cut steam holes with a knife.
17. Sprinkle with sugar and bake until golden brown - approximately 30 minutes.