1. Preheat oven to 180⁰C
2. Peel the pears, halve and remove the core.
3. Place, cut face upwards in a shallow, ovenproof dish with the juice of the orange (retain the grated rind) and sufficient water to come half way up the depth of the pears.
4. Sprinkle with 2-3 tbsp. Demerara sugar and place 1 tsp. of ginger preserve in the cavity of each. (or some diced stem ginger and a little of the syrup drizzled over the top).
5. Cover with foil and bake in oven for approx. 15 mins – until pears are tender.
6. Remove dish from oven and spoon over the juices then top with Brie slices, scatter with the grated rind then return to oven until you just begin to see the Brie melt.
7. Serve hot.