1. Add flour and salt to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the butter and lard; gently combine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Add all the chilled water at once and use your hands to gently incorporate the water.
4. Gently shape dough into a rectangular block.
5. It should still have streaks of butter and lard.
6. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
7. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a sturdy heavy saucepan until melted.
8. Add raspberries and granulated sugar; bring to a gentle boil until mixture reduces by half - approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
9. Remove from heat; stir in the balsamic glaze and allow to cool.
10. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
11. Take dough out of fridge and allow to come to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
12. Working quickly, roll the dough out on a well floured surface to a size of 21 inches by 17 inches. Cut dough into 3 x 3 inch squares.
13. Using a tablespoon, spoon the raspberry balsamic filling into the centre of every other square.
14. Sprinkle ¼ tsp of Blue Cheese on top of the raspberry filling. Wet sides of square with water.
15. Lay matching square on top and crimp sides with a fork.
16. In a small bowl combine, egg white and cream; stir to combine.
17. Brush egg wash over the hand pies and cut steam holes with a knife.
18. Sprinkle with sugar and bake until golden brown - approximately 30 minutes.
19. Makes approximately 14 hand pies