1. Halve the cherry tomatoes and place them in a roasting tin with the cut side facing upwards for approx. 2 hours at 100°C.
2. For the Herb-infused oil: Chop the garlic and thyme in a mini-chopper for about 30 secs.
3. Add the oil and continue chopping for an additional 30 sec.
4. Sprinkle sugar, salt and pepper over the tomatoes, then drizzle with the herb infused oil.
5. Bake the tomatoes in the middle of the oven.
These tomatoes taste delightful with mould cheese, such as red mould cheese, as well as with semi-soft yellow cheeses. The tomatoes can be stored in the refrigerator for approx. 14 days. Place the tomatoes in a jar and cover with olive oil. You can also serve the tomatoes on bruschetta, in salads and with meat dishes. The oil is great for dipping bread.