1. For the vegetables: In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, add green onions and boil for 1 minute.
2. Add asparagus, snap peas and edamame.
3. Boil for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, rinse and drain with cold water, then rinse again and set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
5. For the Dijon vinaigrette: Mix all ingredients together, and set aside until ready to use.
6. In a large bowl, combine green vegetables and Cos lettuce; drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss.
7. Preheat oven to broil.
8. Divide Double Crème White pieces equally among four oven-safe salad plates.
9. Place plates onto a baking sheet and broil 1 minute or until the cheese sets and begins to caramelize.
10. Top each plate with dressed salad.
11. Add extra ground black pepper to taste.
A kitchen torch is an alternate way to soften and caramelize the cheese in this recipe.