1. Combine the maize flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Add the crème fraîche, egg, grated cheese and sweetcorn kernels and stir well.
3. Brown a bit of butter in a frying pan.
4. Using a tablespoon, form a little ball of dough, press it flat and fry in the pan – about 3 min. on each side over a medium heat.
5. Cook the rest of the pancakes, melting a little butter in the pan before each one.
6. Keep the pancakes warm under some aluminium foil.
7. Combine the crème fraîche with the finely chopped chives and serve with the warm sweetcorn pancakes and ham.
Thaw before re-heating, preferably in the refrigerator, otherwise they dry out. You can make the sweetcorn pancakes ahead of time and store them, covered, in the refrigerator. Warm them for 5 minutes at 200°C.