1. Lay out the ham slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake in the middle of the oven until crisp for approx. 10 min. at 400°F (fan setting). Cool on a rack.
2. For the Cauliflower crust: Bring the water to a boil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and add the cauliflower. Cook over medium heat, covered, for about 10 min., stirring occasionally.
3. Drain the cauliflower, rinse with cold water, then drain well. Spread the cauliflower out on a tea towel, roll it up and wring out any remaining water.
4. Beat the eggs in a bowl, then add the cauliflower, cheese, oregano and salt. On a baking sheet lined with parchment, spread half the mixture in a circle (approx. 30 cm in diameter).
5. Repeat the process with the rest of the mixture and bake the crusts on the bottom rack – until golden for 25-30 min. at 400°F (fan setting).
6. Remove the crusts from the oven. Spread them with tomato sauce and bell peppers, then finish baking them for 10 min. at 400°F (fan setting).
7. Meanwhile, toss the arugula with the lemon juice. Break the crispy ham into smaller pieces and sprinkle on the finished pizzas along with the arugula. Serve immediately.
With good looks and great flavour, our recipe features a homemade pizza crust made from fresh cauliflower, oatmeal, Castello® Aged Havarti and an egg-wash for that beautiful golden hue. To top everything off, a dash of oregano provides that classic pizza aroma. For the topping, flavours rely on fresh ingredients to give this cauliflower crust pizza its charming character. A handful of sautéed shallots glossed in honey and butter nestle against thinly sliced beetroot, chopped walnuts and fresh oregano to finish.