1. Finely grate the Castello® Extra Mature Cheddar and evenly mix with the cornmeal.
2. Finely dice the jalapeños, and remove the seeds first if you would like it not quite as hot. Add the chili to the cheese and mix.
3. Bring the chicken stock to a boil, and then reduce the heat. Stir the cheese mixture into the stock, a small amount at a time. Continue to stir until the cheese mixture has been incorporated into the stock. Transfer to a bowl, and place in the fridge for about 3-4 hours until it is completely cold.
4. Take the cooled mixture, and roll it into balls, and then dip them first in the seasoned flour, then in the beaten egg, and finally in a combination of polenta and Panko.
5. Deep-fry the balls until golden brown. Don’t fry them all at once; if you place too many in the saucepan together, it will reduce the temperature of the oil so much that they won’t fry properly.
6. Drain the fried balls on some paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
Be very careful when frying the balls. With their liquid centers they can fall apart easily. Alternatively, you can give them an additional coating of egg and breadcrumbs/polenta. This will make them extra crunchy and easier to handle.