1. For the dark chocolate chili ganache: break up the chocolate bar into individual squares and add to a microwavable bowl or cup with corn syrup, and 1/4 cup cream.
2. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue to microwave in 15-second intervals as needed, stirring each time until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
3. If necessary, add 1 to 2 tablespoons extra cream and stir vigorously to smooth ganache until silky and pourable.
4. Stir in the vanilla and cayenne pepper. Spoon ganache into a small serving dish and enjoy with fresh fruits!
5. For the cheese board: when assembling your board, ensure items are consistent with the theme. For a Valentine’s Board, evoke love and romance with the pairings.
6. Use any type of platter or board to serve the cheese, but make sure that it’s flat and food-safe, i.e. not coated in poisonous paints. Cutting boards, marble slabs, metal trays, and slate pieces are all perfect for serving.
7. Piles of cheese, meats, fruits, schmears and breads are bound to look good no matter what you do… the more the better! Add herbs or cut lemons for visual appeal, and use a good mix of colors.