1. Wash romaine lettuce hearts thoroughly. Cut in half lengthwise and dry on paper towels (let dry as much as possible).
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bacon on an ungreased foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Remove bacon and carefully drain off the grease into a melt-resistant container.
4. Return baking sheet to oven and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes until bacon is crispy.
5. Remove and drain bacon grease again, and, using tongs, remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut the cheese into large chunks (approximately 1/2-inch wide). Heat oiled grill to 350°F.