1. Preheat oven to a high broil setting.
2. Place the red peppers on a sheet pan or cast iron skillet and set on the top rack of the oven.
3. Check every 2 minutes, allowing the peppers to blister and char all over. It should take about 12 to 15 minutes to properly blacken the peppers.
4. Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl, then cover the top with plastic wrap. When cool, peel the peppers and finely chop, discarding the seeds and stem.
5. While peppers are roasting, grate the Havarti on the medium side of a cheese grater.
6. Once the chopped peppers have cooled completely, mix ingredients together in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon. Taste for salt.
Serve with any assortment of raw vegetables, sliced baguette or crackers.