1. For the dough: Combine the whole grain flour, regular flour and salt. Cut the butter into small pieces and work it into the flour with your fingers.
2. Gather the dough gently with water and pat the loose dough into a pie dish (approx. 8½ inches in diameter). Press the dough up the sides. Pre-bake in the middle of the oven for approx. 15 min. at 400°F (conventional oven).
3. For the filling: Brown the butter in a saute pan. Saute the onions over medium heat for about 3 min.
4. Distribute the onions in the pre-baked crust. Beat the eggs, then add the cottage cheese, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the onions and sprinkle with grated cheese.
5. Finally, top with tomatoes and bake in the middle of the oven for approx. 30 min. at 400°F (conventional oven).