1.Cut the cheese into small pieces and mix well with the marzipan, almonds and basil.
2. Cut the apples into halves and remove the core.
3. Cut a thin slice off the ‘round cheek’ of the apples so they stand more securely.
4. Place the halved apples on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and spread the filling on the apples’ cut side.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff.
6. Add sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes to a firm consistency.
7. Spread the meringue on top of the cheese filling and bake the apples in the middle of the oven for ½ hour at 150°C.
8. Serve immediately.