1. In a pan bring water, sugar and vinegar to a boil.
2. Add sprigs of rosemary and red peppercorn and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Cut dried apricots in half and add to the pan.
4. Let it simmer for 5 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and leave the apricots in the vinaigrette for 30 minutes.
5. Cut the buns or bread in half and spread aioli.
6. Add salad leaves, Serrano ham and slices of Castello® Traditional Danish Blue.
7. Make sure the Castello® Traditional Danish Blue is taken directly from the refrigerator as it is much easier to slice when it is cold.
8. Top with the rehydrated apricots, place the top bun and serve immediately.
9. If you make the bocadillos with a large baguette, cut into 6 pieces and serve.
We suggest that you pair this tapas dish with a sparkling wine. The sweetness of the apricots and the sharp tones of Castello® Danish Blue cheese shouldn’t be challenged too much but kept slightly balanced by the refreshing bubbles of a Cava or sparkling wine instead.