Nine TIPS FOR CREATING THE PERFECT CANAPÉ
If you're planning a dinner party, try these creative tips to ensure your canapés are a hit!
Packed with flavor, these bite-sized wonders are a great way to get the party started. And as fun as they are to eat, they are equally fun to make - explore different tastes and textures to make your very own signature canapés. Here are a few tips to get you started.
1. Think of a theme to inspire your canapé menu - try occasions like Thanksgiving or regional flavors such as Italian.
2. Think no bigger than bite-sized morsels for easy eating.
3. Although bites are small, pack them with flavor using spices, sauces and garnishes.
4. Combine flavors - sweet, salty, bitter, savory and sour - for an umami taste sensation.
5. Change textures for a surprising crunch with toast or firm vegetables.
6. Add an element of surprise by hiding unique flavors within your artistic canapé creations.
7. Limit and balance the adornments for a mess-free, perfect bite every time.
8. Arrange the canapés on a beautiful platter or tablescape.
9. Use colors and props while you serve such as glazes, creams, herbs or edible flowers.