1. Cut the Castello® Double Crème Blue into small pieces and mix well with the marzipan, almonds and basil.
2. Cut the apples into half and remove the core. Cut a thin slice off the ‘round cheek’ of the apples so they stand more securely.
3. Place the apple halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment and spread the filling on the apples’ cut side.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Add sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes to a firm consistency.
5. Spread the meringue on top of the cheese filling and bake the apples in the middle of the oven for ½ hour at 300°F. Serve immediately.