1. For the Tomato-Shallot Jam: Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and toss them in a bowl with the sugar. Let them sit at room temperature for about 1 hour, stirring once or twice during this time.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, any accumulated juices and shallots. Cook, stirring frequently for 12-15 minutes, or until the jam becomes thick and shiny and the tomatoes are almost broken down.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. Once cooled, the tomato-shallot jam can be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for 7-10 days. This recipe makes enough jam for 6-8 burgers.
5. For the burgers: Preheat the grill to high.
6. Add ground beef, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil and about ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper to a medium bowl.
7. Using your hands, combine the ingredients, taking care not to over mix. Form the mixture into 3 or 4 patties, depending on your preferred burger size. Sprinkle the tops of the patties with additional black pepper.
8. Cook the burger patties on the grill for 4-5 minutes per side. During the last minute, top each burger with one slice of Castello® Burger Blue. You can also toast the burger buns on the grill at this time if you like.
9. Remove the burgers and buns from the grill.
10. Spread some tomato-shallot jam on the bottom half of each burger bun. Top with lettuce, burger patties, French fries (if desired) and finish with the top half of the bun.