1. For the Pickled fennel the following equipment is needed: 2 pint-size sterile canning jars
2. Thinly slice the fennel lengthwise using a mandolin or slice by hand.
3. In a pot, bring vinegar, water, sugar and salt to a boil.
4. In a dry sauté pan, toast coriander, fennel seeds and red pepper flakes. Divide the spices evenly among the jars.
5. Add the sliced fennel and pour the liquid over the fennel, leaving about 1/2-inch space at the top.
6. Let the fennel cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. It's best to give the fennel at least a day to pickle.
7. Whole Wheat-Rye Crackers: Preheat the oven with a pizza stone at 450°F.
8. In a large bowl, mix the semolina, whole wheat and rye flours. Add the salt, pepper, and olive oil and mix. Slowly add the water, while mixing the dough.
9. Once the dough comes together, transfer to a clean work surface and knead for about 5 minutes. Cover with plastic and rest 30 minutes.
10. Cut the dough into quarters. Take a piece of dough and run through a pasta roller to the fourth setting (you can also roll by hand).
11. Slice the crackers into uniform strips, or keep a bit misshapen and rustic looking.
12. Line a pizza paddle with parchment for easy transport. Place the crackers on the parchment and transfer to the pizza stone (parchment and all).
13. Bake until lightly browned and crispy, about 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.
14. Add fresh or dried herbs, like thyme or rosemary, or other spices, like red chili flakes, to the dough for extra flavor.
15. Place the two Castello® cheeses on your cheeseboard, followed by the other ingredients. Serve with a folie a deux zinfandel and chardonnay.