1. For the bacon onion jam: Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan. Set aside.
2. Add onions to the fat in the pan. Cook onions until translucent and lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Add the bacon, mustard seeds, brown sugar, cider vinegar, red pepper flakes and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine.
3. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and continue to cook until liquid has reduced, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Spoon into jar and store in refrigerator.
4. Arrange cheeses and other items on cheese board. Serve with Folie à Deux wine.
5. For the cheese board: Just picture it… the fire is roaring, candles are lit, your favorite romantic movie is ready to play and you’ve prepared the cheese board of all cheese boards to dazzle your sweetheart. You’ve even chosen the perfect wine to accompany your sumptuous spread!
6. Your cheese board is a feast for the eyes. It’s filled with an amazing variety of creatively crafted Castello cheeses.
7. You’ve chosen three cheeses to be the highlights of your board – Castello® Havarti Creamy, which is a mild, soft, buttery cheese, Castello® Extra Creamy Danish Blue, which has a fine, nutty blue aroma, and creamy, mild and tangy Castello® Havarti Herbs and Spice.