1. Preheat the oven to 430ºF. Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan filled with salted water for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat, drain, run under cold water and then carefully remove the skins. Drain well and place in a medium bowl; toss with olive oil. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle the beets with salt and place on a separate parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Place both baking sheets in the oven and roast for 10 minutes. Turn and shake the sheets after 5 minutes.
5. Season the steaks with salt and pepper, then grill or fry them to desired doneness. Let rest covered loosely with tin foil for 5 minutes.
6. In a medium skillet, brown the butter, then add the walnuts and shallots.
7. Remove from the heat and add the cheese and rosemary. Gently stir and allow to slowly melt. Toss the roasted beet sticks with the blue cheese dressing and season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve the steaks with roasted potatoes and marinated beets on the side.