1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the flours, sugar, salt, pepper, and baking soda.
3. In a glass measuring cup whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and Greek yogurt.
4. Add the cold cubed butter to the flour mixture and break it up with your fingers until you are left with crumbled bits the size of peas.
5. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and fold it together with a rubber spatula.
6. Before the mixture is completely combined, add in the cubed havarti and dried cherries.
7. Once the dough comes together, dump it out onto a lightly floured surface.
8. Knead the dough a couple times then form it into an 8-9 inch circle about 1 1/2 inches thick.
9. Transfer the dough to the prepared skillet.
10. Brush the top with buttermilk and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper then place it on the middle rack of the oven.
11. Bake the scones for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
12. Let the scones cool for 10 minutes before slicing them and serving.
13. Scones are best eaten the same day, but may be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, placed in a freezer bag, and frozen for a later date.