1. For the dough: Cut the butter into small pieces and work it into the flour with your fingers. Add the water and quickly gather the dough together.
2. Press the dough into a greased springform (approx. 8½ inches in diameter) – halfway up the sides. Cover and refrigerate the crust for at least 30 min.
3. Prick holes in the crust with a fork and pre-bake in the middle of the oven for approx. 15 min. at 400°F (conventional oven).
4. For the filling: Beat the eggs, milk and salt together. Stir in the spring onions, cheese and oregano.
5. Pour the filling into the pre-baked crust and bake in the middle of the oven for approx. 30 min. at 400°F (conventional oven).
6. Serve the pie hot or warm with a salad and some ham.
You can serve the pie as a starter for 6 people – serve it on individual plates with salt-cured ham and half a portion of salad.