1. Preheat the oven to 320ºF. Generously grease the bottom of an ovenproof pan or baking dish with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add the remaining butter and Double Crème Blue cheese cubes. Stir until the cheese melts.
3. Layer the potato slices in the pan overlapping each other, brushing with butter/cheese mixture between the layers. Season with salt and pepper as you go.
4. Cover with waxed paper or a lid and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Test with a skewer to see if the potatoes are tender.
5. At this point, serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. If preparing in advance, turn the potatoes out of the pan and with a sharp knife, cut into the desired pieces. Warm in a 320ºF oven for 10 to 15 minutes.