1. For the Herb Gougeres with Pickled Ramps: Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine water, butter and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then remove the pan from heat and whisk in the flour. Return the pan to heat and stir until the batter forms a smooth paste and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
3. Transfer dough to the bowl of a standing mixer and mix a few times on low to cool (this will prevent the eggs from scrambling in the hot dough). Turn the mixer on low speed and add 4 eggs, one at a time, allowing each to incorporate fully before adding the next. Increase the speed and beat on medium until smooth. Add chives and ramps and mix just until evenly incorporated.
4. Use a pastry bag or tablespoon to transfer even portions of dough to the prepared baking sheet (this should make about 30 tablespoon-sized gougeres). Whisk the final egg and brush over the top of the dough.
5. Bake until lightly golden on top and puffed, about 20 to 25 minutes. The insides should sound hollow when you tap the outside. Serve warm.