1. Cut the garlic in half and drizzle with a little oil. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350°F.
2. Grate the horseradish
3. Mix all the ingredients and refrigerate
4. Cucumber relish: Cut the cucumber in half and remove the seeds. Slice it in long thin slices.
5. Boil the water, lemon juice, sugar, bay leaves and peppercorns gently until the sugar dissolves.
6. Put the cucumbers in a jar and pour over the vinegar mixture.
7. Let it cool to room temperature before putting the lid on and refrigerating.
8. Bake the Serrano ham in the oven, about 10 min. until crisp.
9. Cut the steak into strips and fry in a pan with a little butter and fresh thyme. If you want it rare, only cook for a few of minutes. If you’re cooking the meat on the grill, slice it after it comes off the grill.
10. Roast the loaves and fill them with steak and toppings.
11. Serve with a generous portion of French fries and a cold beer, like a good dark lager.