1. Start with slicing bread extra thick. Brush both sides with olive oil and broil on low for 45 to 60 seconds or until a dark, golden brown.
2. To toast the walnuts, bake at 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes, tossing occasionally.
3. To plump the raisins, place in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 25 to 30 minutes. Thoroughly drain over a sieve.
4. To toast the pine nuts, place in a dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until golden brown.
5. To make the balsamic reduction, bring 1 cup of your favorite balsamic vinegar to a boil in a saucepan. Once the vinegar is boiling, bring down the heat and allow to simmer while stirring frequently. Continue to simmer until the vinegar has reduced by at least half (for a thinner reduction) or more (for a more syrupy consistency).
6. To toast the sesame seeds, put them in a dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until golden brown.