1. For the cream cheese ice cream, place the Castello Tropical Fruit & Almond Cream Cheese into a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat until smooth, then add in the sugar, lemon juice and salt. Mix until incorporated on medium speed. Then on a low speed mix in the milk and cream until incorporated well and sugar is dissolved. Beat on high for 1 minute and then pour into a shallow tray. Cover with cling film and freeze over at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. Using an electric mix, beat the butter and sugar together on a medium speed until pale and fluffy. Add in the egg yolk and almond extract.
4. Reduce mixer to low and sift in the flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Spoon even sized balls about a tablespoon in size onto a lined baking tray. Leave plenty of space in between as they spread to about 4 times wider. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges start to brown. Cool cookies completely and store in an airtight container.
6. To serve, using a cookie cutter roughly the size of the cookies, cut a round of cream cheese ice cream to fit inside your cookie sandwich, press together and enjoy right away!