1. Cut the mandarins into small pieces, add them to a pan along with the grated ginger, water and spices.
2. Boil the mixture on a medium heat for around 45 minutes - until the mandarin peel is almost see-through.
3. Add sugar and simmer for another 45 minutes. Add lemon juice to taste.
4. Add the mandarin preserve to two sterilised jars and store in the fridge.
5. When you are ready to enjoy your cheese and crackers, arrange the crackers, mandarin preserve and Castello® Tropical Fruit & Almond Cream Cheese on a serving board.
6. Enjoy by placing 1-2 slices of Castello® Tropical Fruit & Almond Cream Cheese onto each cracker, then topping it off with your sweet and tangy mandarin preserve. A beautiful flavour combination.