Simple in nature, complex in taste, this Creamy Mac & Cheese is the perfect companion at potlucks or luncheons with friends and family. Experience a seemingly never-ending evolution of flavour from the cheddar, enhanced by smooth cream and rich whole milk. Let this one be your go-to option when cravings for comfort food has you longing for mac & cheese. Follow our recipe on how to make Creamy Mac & Cheese and watch friends and family fall in love.
1. Cook the macaroni pasta according to the packet instructions in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente.
2. In a saucepan add milk and cream and bring to a boil. Season with whole grain mustard, freshly ground pepper and salt.
3. Grate Castello® Creamy Havarti and mix with corn starch.
4, Turn the hob down to a medium heat and stir in grated mature cheddar with the corn-starch, ensuring that you are continually stirring the mixture until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
5. Drain the macaroni and add to the cheese sauce. Carefully stir for 3-4 minutes until the macaroni is covered with sauce.
6. Season with nutmeg and serve straight away.
Mac & cheese is universally for its great versatility. The dish has become a staple menu item in renowned restaurants across the globe and has spawned many variations as a result. At Castello® we love mac and cheese with a passion, and our recipes of the celebrated dish are sure to satisfy even your deepest cravings. Laced with an unyielding sweetness, our Butternut Mac & Cheese is a clear choice for evenings that need sweetening, while the tongue-tickling Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese delights in both heat and flavour. Luncheons and potlucks are perfect places to bring our incredibly easy Crockpot Mac & Cheese, and our Lobster Mac & Cheese is sure to dazzle and impress wherever it goes. With our easy to follow recipes, trying them all is as easy as ever.