1. For the sauce, grate the zest from half a lemon, and squeeze the fruit to get 5ml of lemon juice. Now crumble the Castello® Marinated Fetta Cubes and combine it with the Greek yoghurt, garlic, lemon zest and juice in a blender and purée all ingredients until you have a smooth mixture. Cover the sauce and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. For the burger patty, rinse and drain the chickpeas and add them to a food processor bowl. If using coriander and cumin seeds, crush them first until powdery and add them together with the red chilli flakes to the bowl.
3. Add the onion, garlic, egg and coriander leaves to the food processor bowl. Switch on the food processor to medium speed and blend. Add in the breadcrumbs and blend again until everything is well incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Shape the mixture into four equal-sized patties/burgers of 2-3cm thick. Heat the oil in a fry pan and grill the burgers on a medium heat for approx. 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. Now place the burgers and sliced red onion in pita bread or between thick slices of bread and top with the creamy yoghurt and fetta sauce. Finish with your favourite toppings like avocado, tomato or rocket!
TIP: Add some fresh chopped mint to the sauce to give it an extra fresh bite.